RESEARCH – PRODUCTIONS – PROJECTS
- 2010-2011 | Retrieving Athens – the youthful side of the city.
In collaboration with the Municipality of Athens,
this programme aimed in designing and editing a series of documents related to the city of Athens and resulted in the creation of a digital library.
- 2010-2011 | Cultural events for the ‘International Migrants Day’ (18 December).
URIAC, in collaboration with MESO productions, organised a series of events to celebrate the International Migrants Day (18 December) in Greece.
The events aimed at raising awareness of migration issues, highlighted the contribution of migrants to Greek culture and economy,
and cultivated optimism and hopefulness regarding intercultural dialogue and migrant integration.
- 2010 | The Victimization of Journalists in the Workplace
URIAC, in collaboration with Journalists' Unions, conducted a quantitative study to examine the prevalence of non-lethal workplace victimization experiences in journalists' workplaces. Read more...
- 2009-2010 | Quality control of AGB Hellas S.A.
In collaboration with the TV Audience Research Monitoring Committee,
URIAC elaborated quality control procedures for TV ratings as applied by AGB Hellas SA.
- 2009-2010 | The image of Greece in the International Press.
Research conducted on behalf of the Secretariat General of Communication in order to gather data concerning international press coverage of Greece.
- 2009 | Media, political culture and civil society.
This research is part of a wider programme for the study of media influences on news selection and diffusion.
- 2008-2009 | Greek minors on the internet: Opportunities and dangers.
Research conducted on behalf of the General Secretariat for Youth in order to understand better internet use by young people
and illustrate the trends and uses of the internet by different social groups in Greece.
- 2008 | Starting out: Aspects of youth creativity.
Research on behalf of the Secretariat General of Communication in order to catalogue outstanding samples
of world literature referring to the creativity of young peope exposed to adverse conditions.
- 2007-2008 | Finding, recording and promoting good practices of digital cultural content creation and setting up of Excellence Awards within the operational programme ‘Information Society’.
This research, conducted on behalf of the Greek Ministry of Finance, studied the criteria for inaugurating Excellence Awards for good practices in documentation, digitization, transmission and promotion of cultural and historical heritage in Greece and in Europe.
Awards were given for the first time in 2008 to both Greek and international nominees.
- 2007 | Political dialogue on television.
Research on behalf of the Secretariat General of Communication aimed at analysing television debates during the pre-election period.
- 2007 | Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
Research sponsored by the Hellenic Network for CSR, within the framework of the European Programme HERMES.
The main aim of this study was to raise awareness of CSR and promote relevant practices among SMEs.
- 2006 | Structure, content and quality of TV news.
This research investigated the ways and extent to which Greek political institutions and politicians are presented on Greek TV newscasts.
- 2005 | Basic skills development in Greek province / Hesiod.
The programme was also sponsored by the Secretariat General of Communication.
It dealt with the development of basic professional skills among inhabitants of the Greek province.
- 2005-2007 | Byzantium - Early Islam.
URIAC participated as a partner in this three-year programme of the European Union. The coordinator of the project was the Hellenic Society for the Protection of the Environment and the Cultural Heritage in Thessaloniki.
Partners from Italy, Cyprus, Israel and Palestine also participated in the project, which aimed at the preservation of cultural heritage in the Middle East.
- 2004-2005 | The new generation in Greece today.
Pan-Hellenic research on behalf of the General Secretariat for Youth.
The aim of the programme was the creation of reliable and comparable databases which record the profile of Greek youth today.
- 2003 | Record and study of the international news coverage of the Olympic Games in Greece.
This study was also conducted on behalf of the Ministry of Press and Media and it is a continuation of the research project
“The image of Greece in the international press”.
- 2003 | Design and production of software.
In collaboration with IQ Computers Company, URIAC participated in the design and production of software employed by the IT/Media departments of advertising companies.
- 2003 | Road safety and traffic training for the TV channel ET1.
Production of nine television episodes on behalf of the Ministry of Transport.
- 2003 | The ideal walk: pedestrian area Dionysiou Areopagitou.
Production of a documentary on the pedestrian area Dionysiou Areopagitou, on behalf of the ‘Unification of the Archaeological Sites of Athens S.A.’
- 2003 | Adrianou Street.
Production of a documentary on the development of Adrianou Street in Athens and the transformation of the surrounding area.
- 2003 | Operation, character and future prospects of the Greek airport in relation with the passengers.
A documentary produced for the Service of Civil Aviation, Ministry of Transport, presenting the ‘atmosphere’ of the airport in relation to passengers’ needs and values.
- 2003 | Provision of expert advice and consultation on issues concerning publicity of the programme “Competitiveness” by the Ministry of Development.
- 2003 | The meaning of walking in the modern Greek city, especially in Athens.
Production of a documentary, a selection of maps of pedestrian areas and a source book on pedestrian wanders, produced for the Ministry of Transport.
- 2002 | Parliamentary news on Greek television.
This research examines the way that Greek private and public TV channels cover the proceedings of the Hellenic Parliament and the activities of MPs.
- 2002 | The image of Greece in the International Press during the Greek Presidency of the EU.
Research sponsored by the Secretariat General of Communication facing the increased publicity requirements on the Greek Presidency of the EU.
- 2002 | Procedures concerning the official residence permit in Greece.
URIAC served as a consultant of the Hellenic Agency for Local Development and Local Government S.A.
(EETAA) for its communication campaign on the procedures for issuing a residence permit.
- 2001 | Earthquake.
A documentary referring to the catastrophic earthquake in Cephalonia in 1953 based on rare amateur films and on autobiographic texts by the author Stratis Haviaras.
A co-production of ANEMOΝ PRODUCTIONS, URIAC, the Foundation of Cephalonia and Ithaca and the Foundation F. Kostopoulos,
on behalf of the Greek Film Centre and the public broadcaster ERT SA.
- 2001 | Architectural Heritage management guide (history, code of ethics, ideology and results of the period 1950-2000).
This programme dealt with the meaning and content of cultural heritage,
formulated the necessary criteria for declaring a monument and elaborated on the perspectives for preserving and protecting cultural heritage.
- 2000 | European public broadcasting in the digital era. Proposals for ERT S.A. (Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation).
Research on digital TV development in Western Europe.
- 2000 | Teachers’ perceptions and attitudes regarding the use of new technologies in secondary education: The role of media in the educational process.
The research attempted a qualitative approach to the use of new technologies in secondary education and registered the teachers’ attitudes concerning their employment.
- 2000 | Political communication on the internet.
This programme explored the utilisation of the Internet, during its early development, for political purposes.
- 2000 | Voluntarism and the Olympics.
Research that examined the development of voluntarism with respect to the organisation of the Summer Olympic Games since 1990 (Barcelona, Atlanta, Sydney).
- 2000 | Time and cost estimate for the construction of a web portal.
This study explored the development of specialised applications and user interface for an internet portal.
- 2000 | Social advertising by public and nongovernmental organisations in Greece: Challenges and prospects.
This research examined social advertising in Greek television during the period 1997-1999.
- 1998 | The Parliament in the press and in television.
Research on the role of the media in the portrayal of the Hellenic Parliament.
- 1998 | Code of Ethics and protection of minors.
Research on the protection of minors from radio and TV shows that could prove harmful for their physical, mental, moral and emotional development.
The General Secretariat for Youth assigned URIAC the task to develop an ethical code for the self-regulation of media concerning the protection of minors.
- 1998 | Digital television in Europe: Proposals for the Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation S.A.
A research concerning the development of digital television in Western Europe.
- 1998 | Children and adolescents’ exposure to the media – Ways for functionally integrating media in the educational process.
A study on the educational uses of the media.
- 1998 | Scientific quality control on the procedures followed by the TV ratings companies AGB HELLAS and Taylor Nelson Sofres Metrisis S.A.
URIAC collaborated with the Supervisory Committee of TV ratings on this project.
- 1997 | Dodecanese: A journey through time.
A documentary on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the annexation of Dodecanese to Greece.
The documentary aims at highlighting the timeless bond that connects the twelve islands with Greece in a historic, cultural, social, economic and ethnological way.
- 1997 | Hellenic emigrants’ media and a study of their cultural identity.
Research concerning the necessity of a communication policy for Greeks who live abroad.
- 1996 | Charilaos Trikoupis, the Father of the modern Greek parliamentary system: His life and work.
Biographical and historic documentary on the occasion of one hundred years since the death of Charilaos Trikoupis, sponsored by the Hellenic Parliament.